FDS Lean Production Scheduling & Execution
True visibility on Order completion status in face of uncertainties related to availability of machine and common parts.
Features of FDS’s LPSE
- High volume productions benefit significantly by embracing lean practices.
- Lean manufacturing allows segmenting production into balanced lines.
- It helps in increasing productivity and ensuring efficient delivery.
Modern Challenges in High-Volume Productions
- High volume manufacturing has moved from mass production to mass customization.
- High volume does not necessarily mean low variety.
- Customers want to know the status of their customized product
Manufacturing Companies’ Objectives
- Cater to increasing flexibility needs of the customer.
- Run the production lines smoothly with optimum inventory, despite large variety of subcomponents.
- Juggle between order-based-planning which is essential for on-time delivery to customer and part-based lean production lines in Lean Manufacturing
Limitations of the Planning Systems
- Many available planning and scheduling software work in only planning mode and eventually thrust execution on the shop floor personnel.
- These order-based APS systems cannot provide the visibility and quick re-sequencing that the lean production lines need.
- Order based systems fail to construct detailed part level scenarios on a minute-to-minute basis which are important for ensuring an uninterrupted flow line.